Want to help fight illness, remedy a sore throat or treat blemishes? Look no further than Tea Tree Oil! Tea Tree is an incredibly popular essential oil, & it’s easy to see why. As a powerful antimicrobial, it’s a MUST HAVE for immune support. It diffuses very well & helps cleanse the air, so it’s an excellent choice if someone in the house is sick & you’d like to prevent illness from spreading.
Tea Tree is strong yet gentle enough to use on the skin when diluted & has excellent potential in the treatment of acne because of its antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties. It also supports a healthy respiratory system & can be helpful in dealing with coughs & other respiratory illnesses. So how can you use Tea Tree Oil? Check out these 10 easy uses below.
10 Uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Diffuse Tea Tree with equal parts of Lemon in your diffuser for a clean, bright, uplifting scent.
To reduce the possibility of mold growth, add a couple of drops of Tea Tree to your surface cleaner & kitchen soap.
- Add Tea Tree directly to your shampoo (9 drops per ounce of shampoo). Whether you have an oily, dry or itchy scalp, Tea Tree will be a wonderful addition to your hair care routine. It’s also a great step for lice prevention!
- When experiencing a sore throat, add a drop of Tea Tree to one pump of our True Blend Organic Jojoba + Sunflower Carrier Oil Blend & massage over your throat.
- When experiencing respiratory discomfort or seasonal illness, use Tea Tree in a steam inhalation. Place a drop or two of Tea Tree on a washrag & place on the floor in a corner of a steamy shower. As the shower steam rises, breathe in the steam for a few minutes.
- Make an immune boosting roller blend. In a 10ml roller bottle, fill halfway with our True Blend Carrier Oil. Add 3 drops of Grapefruit, 2 drops of Tea Tree & 1 drop of Lemon. Fill the rest of the bottle with carrier oil. To use, apply to wrists, back of the neck & chest.
- Make immune boosting shower discs. Set these shower discs in the corner of your shower out of the direct spray of water. As the disc gets wet & melts, it releases the aroma from the essential oils & you get to reap the immune boosting benefits! Join the Root Organic Essential Oils Community for a full recipe coming soon!
- Use as a spot treatment for blemishes. In a 10ml roller bottle, fill halfway with our True Blend Carrier Oil (you could also use our Aloe Gel in place of a Carrier Oil). Add 3 drops of Tea Tree & 3 drops of Lavender. Fill the rest of the bottle with Carrier Oil. This makes for a 2% dilution, which is perfect for spot treatments. Apply to the problem area after cleansing your skin - be sure to avoid your eyes! Repeat as needed.
- Make a bug bite relief roller. In a 10ml roller bottle, fill halfway with our True Blend Carrier Oil (you could also use our Aloe Gel in place of a Carrier Oil). Add 4 drops of Lavender, 3 drops of Tea Tree & 1-2 drops of Peppermint. Fill the rest of the bottle with Carrier Oil. Roll directly onto bites.
For kids ages 6 & younger, we recommend removing the Peppermint & using the following recipe: In a 10 ml roller bottle, add 2 drops of Tea Tree & 1 drop of Lavender. Fill the rest of the bottle with True Blend Carrier Oil or Aloe Gel.
- Make a hand cleansing gel. In a 2 oz flip top bottle, add Aloe Gel & 10 drops of Lavender, 5 drops of Peppermint & 5 drops of Tea Tree. Shake vigorously. Apply to hands & rub briskly until the liquid dries. This is a wonderful addition to hand washing, but not a replacement for!
For kids ages 6 & younger, we recommend removing the Peppermint & substituting Lemon instead.
Now that you have all of the tools to success, start using up your Tea Tree Oil! For more recipes or any questions about Essential Oils, join our Root Organic Essential Oils Community on Facebook. And for more information on Tea Tree Oil, click here.