If you’re stuck in a makeup rut and find yourself feeling a bit uninspired, the solution is just a celebrity away! When I saw the beautiful Salma Hayek on the August 2015 issue of Allure Magazine, I just knew I had to recreate it for you with all Root products! See how it's done in our video tutorial.
- I’ve already applied my Pearl Powder Foundation and Prime + Conceal Cream Corrector. We are going to create a nice matte finish to the skin with Setting Silk.
- To replicate Salma’s contour and warmth in her skin, we are going to apply the Original Bronze Powder under the cheekbones, at the temples and hairline, a bit on the cheeks and under the jawline.
- Now we want to define our brows with the Organic Brow Powder. I’m using Deep Brown.
- To begin the eyes, we are going to press Shell from lash line to brow.
- Taking your crease brush, apply Sunkissed to the crease, outer corner and bring it onto the lid a bit.
- Now we get to create that sexy cat eye with our Pretty All Day Gel Liner. Using the PRO Vegan Flat liner brush, apply carefully to your waterline. Gently pull the lower lid away from your eye.
- Using the same brush, smudge the liner along the lower lash line. You’ll want to do this as soon as you apply as once it’s dries, it’s set.
- Begin building your wing from outside in. You can make this as thick or thin as you want.
- Using your R&R Makeup Remover and a brush, sharpen and refine your line to the shape you want.
- With a brush, apply In The Navy to the lower lash line for extra drama and dimension.
- Coat top and bottom lashes with 100% Lash Mascara.
- To recreate the lip color, we are going to first apply the Mineral Lipstick in Flirt to the bottom lip. Now, apply Pretty Balm in Ballet to the top and press your lips together to mix!
- We are going to create more of a matte finish to the lip with a dusting of Setting Silk. And that’s it!
Leave a comment